In order for your new brows to heal properly (and look their best) these Pre-Care and Post Care Instructions found below are of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE!
Pre-Care instructions are designed to limit bleeding and skin sensitivities during the service. Excessive bleeding during the procedure will dilute the pigment color and lead to poor results!
Microblading is a multi-step process. After the initial appointment, clients are REQUIRED to come back 8 - 10 weeks from the date of service for a follow up appointment. This follow up appointment is INCLUDED in the initial cost of the appointment and will be booked after your initial service.
During the follow up appointment we are able to make small adjustments to the shape or color and add another layer of dimensional color for a truly natural look.
PRE-CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR MICROBLADING
1. Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may swell slightly, or redden, it is advised not to make social plans for the same day.
2. Please wash your hair on the day of your appointment or a day prior.
3. Please do not drink any coffee, tea, or other caffeinated beverages on the day of your appointment.
4. Do not drink alcohol 24 - 48 hours before your procedure.
5. Please wear your drawn eyebrows to the procedure and bring your favorite eyebrow pencil! \
6. If you have any serious medical conditions such as diabetes, hemophilia, skin diseases, epilepsy, seizures, fainting, narcolepsy, HIV, hepatitis, heart problems, etc., please ask your physician for clearance and bring a signed doctors note.
7. Do not tan two weeks prior or have a sunburned face on the day of your procedure.
8. Do NOT work out on the day of the procedure or engage in anything that will cause you to sweat.
9. Any waxing or tinting of the brows should be done 7-10 days prior to your procedure.
10. No Botox or fillers for 4 weeks prior to the procedure.
11. Exfoliate lightly 72-84 hours prior to your appointment. No exfoliation within 48 hours of appt.
12. Stop using Retin-A or AHA products (Alpha-hydroxy acids include glycolic, lactic, tartaric, malic, and citric acids) for 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
13. No laser or chemical peels for 1 month prior to the procedure.
14. No microdermabrasion or dermaplaning (physical exfoliation procedure) for 2 weeks prior.
15. Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before procedure.
16.Do not use aspirin or ibuprofen for 3 days prior to the procedure.
17. Stop taking any vitamins for 7 days prior to the procedure.
18. Do not eat greens and drink shakes for 2 days prior to the procedure.
19. Avoid scheduling your appointment around your menstruation’s period as it may increase the sensitivity and alter the results.
Disclaimer: We hold the right to deny service to clients who have the following conditions.
If you have any of the following conditions please contact us immediately before scheduling to ensure you are a candidate.
Pregnant or Nursing - Not a candidate
Viral infections and/or diseases
A Pacemaker or major heart problems
Had an Organ transplant
Tendency towards keloids or scarring
Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
Had Botox in the past 2 months
Used Accutane in the past year
Taken Doxycycline in the past 6 months
Allergic to anesthetic (Lidocaine)
Extremely Oily or Problematic Skin
Diagnosed conditions that are waived require a doctor’s note stating their approval.
There is a $50 booking fee (NON-REFUNDABLE) due at the time of booking for all permanent makeup services. The fee will be applied to the total cost of your appointment.
POST-CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR MICROBLADING
1. DO NOT TOUCH for the first 72 hours. After that, wash your hands prior to touching your tattoo.
2. Apply a thin film of A&D ointment prior to showering or washing face to avoid getting tattoo wet for the first 10 days. Blot off gently to remove when done.
3. Avoid sweating/exercising for the first 10 days. Any physical exertion that may cause sweating through or on the brows can cause the hairstrokes to blur under the skin. There is no way to fix this.
4. Completely avoid direct sunlight exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change color while it is healing. It can also cause hyperpigmentation and scarring. After the first 10 days, use sunblock on the brows.
5. DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and pigment loss.
6. Avoid the pool, sauna, steam rooms, extremely hot showers/baths for 3 weeks.
7. Avoid sleeping on your face/brows for the first 10 days.
8. DO NOT use makeup or skincare products on the treated area for 2 weeks.
9. No chemical treatments, facials or microdermabrasion for at least 4 weeks.
10. Eyebrow tinting should not be done for at least 2 weeks following the procedure.
11. Avoid Retin-A, chemical peels and microdermabrasion around the brow area once healed.
12. AVOID ANY SKINCARE OR MAKEUP THAT HAS THE WORDS “ACID” “RETIN-A” “GLYCOL” ON THE AREA TREATED forever. This will help you retain the tattoo.
13. DO NOT go swimming in the ocean, fresh water lakes and streams, chlorinated pools or soak in a bath/jacuzzi until the area is healed.
14. Avoid gardening activities that may expose the tattoo to soil, fertilizers, etc until healed.
15. DO NOT allow tattoo to come into contact with animals until completely healed.
Please note: Eyebrows will appear darker, bolder, and sharper due to natural scabbing and healing for the first week. This is very common for all permanent cosmetic procedures.
SOME REDNESS AROUND THE TATTOO IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE PROCEDURE IS NORMAL. THE INFLAMMATION IS PART OF THE NATURAL HEALING PROCESS.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS THAT INDICATE THE NEED TO SEEK MEDICAL CARE INCLUDE:
Fever, redness, swelling, tenderness at the site; any green or yellow discharge that is foul in odor; or red streaks going from the procedure site toward the heart.
AFTER YOU’VE HEALED
1. Brow tattoos normally last 1-3 years depending on client’s lifestyle, skin type and aftercare.
2. Exposure to the sun and tanning beds can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment.
3. Always apply sunscreen (50 SPF or greater) on brow area once completely healed.
4. Maintain removal of unwanted brow hair outside of your tattooed brow design by tweezing, threading, waxing, or razoring.
5. Do not do laser around your brow area (IPL). Some lasers may change the color of the pigment.
6. Additional brow makeup application may still be required post tattoo to achieve your desired look.
7. For further sun protection wear hats and sunglasses.
8. Yearly touchups are recommended to maintain your results.
9. Avoid using chemical skin exfoliants on the brows and forehead area. Use of these products will cause premature fading and tattoo discoloration.
Examples may include but are not limited to: Glycolic Acid, Hydroquinone, Retinol, Retin A, Vitamin C, "peels" or "brightening."
10. Any service or product used to treat hyper pigmentation on the forehead and eye area should be avoided.
*** Failure to follow Pre and Post Care Instructions for your cosmetic tattoo may result in your Eye Candy technician refusing future services/touch ups***
To have perfect brows it is a multi-step process. Dream brows cannot be achieved in just one session. Some clients need more than two sessions to achieve their desire density and shape.
***There are no implied or written guarantees if you do not follow the above pre and post care instructions!***