NAIL ENHANCEMENT AFTER CARE
1. Allow yourself a few days to become accustomed to your new nails. You may find it difficult doing up buttons, opening car doors, picking up coins from the floor etc for the first few days but eventually you will get into the habit of using your hands in a different way and your nails will start feeling more natural.
2. Have regular maintenance services. They are required every 2-3 weeks, depending on the nail growth. These services will return your nails to the pristine condition they were in, looking healthy and beautiful. Leaving more than the recommended time will result in breakages and lifting of the nail enhancements which may cause problems to the natural nails.
3. Repetitive or severe pressure on the nail enhancements will lead to cracks that result in full blown breaks. Treat your nails as JEWELS NOT TOOLS.
4. Do not bite, pick or file your enhancements. This can cause them to lift, become weak and break, and possibly cause damage and thinning to your natural nails.
5. If the nail enhancements appear to be lifting from the nail plate, contact me and make arrangements for a revisit as soon as possible to prevent bacterial infections. Do not be tempted to pull off the lifted part as this will cause nail distress and weaken your natural nail.
6. Do not be tempted to do any home repairs. If a nail tip breaks, do not try to glue it on again as you might trap air between the tip and the natural nail which can lead to bacterial infections. Also, never glue down lifted product. Without proper sanitation, moisture can become trapped and provide the perfect breeding ground for bacteria.
7. Allergic reactions to ingredients in some nail products are rare because all chemicals used in CND nail products are thoroughly tested and deemed safe by various US government agencies. However they can occur to a small number of people who are highly sensitive to certain chemicals. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include irritation around the eyes and mouth, and redness, itching and swelling of the skin around the nail. If you develop any of these symptoms, call me immediately and consult your doctor.
8. Sun tan creams, tinted lotions and coloured hair products can all dis-colour your nail enhancements. To protect your nails from becoming dis-coloured, wash your hands thoroughly or wear gloves.
9. Always wear rubber gloves when performing normal household tasks such as washing up, using cleaning products especially bleach, and gardening as the chemicals found in these cleaning and gardening products can affect your nail enhancements and may result being harmful to your natural nails and also to the skin of your hands.
10. If removing nail polish, always use an Acetone Free nail polish remover. Acetone causes nail enhancements to weaken.
11. If applying nail polish, always apply a base coat prior to applying nail polish to prevent the nail enhancements from yellowing and finish off with a UV shield top coat to protect the nail polish from chipping and peeling.
12. To prevent nail art from chipping and peeling, apply a UV Shield top coat every other day.
13. Do not push back the cuticles as this will enhance the gap between the natural nails and the nail enhancements and maintenance will be required more frequently.
14. Apply and massage Solar Oil to the cuticle areas daily before bed to maintain the enhancements flexibility and durability, strengthen the natural nails, and to keep the cuticles soft. Also it keeps the natural nails from getting dehydrated thus preventing the natural nails curling away from the enhancements.
15. Invest in a good hand cream to keep the skin of your hands looking young, and feeling soft and smooth.
16. MOST IMPORTANT, do not try to remove the nail enhancements yourself as you will cause severe damage to your natural nails. ALWAYS have them professionally removed.
It is recommended the daily use of Solar Oil for lubricating the chains of the nail enhancements and the layers of the natural nails to help prolong the enhancements' durability and flexibility and also to toughen the natural nails over time. It also supplies the cuticles with nourishment, lasting softness and aids in skin cell renewal. Each application drives the oil deeper into the enhancement, eventually all the way down to the natural nail.